View Single Post
Old 02-07-2013, 10:12 PM   #318
Resellmybelle
Registered Users
seller
seller

Location: Grand Prairie, TX 75052 If I owe you feedback, please PM me a reminder!
My Mood:
Talking Re: ****Winter**** Chicken Moma chat thread. Join in the chat!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarahannecloud9 View Post
Michelle, very nice!!!!

The blinders are for my littles in the coop. They are picking sholders and tails from the cockerals. The aprons didn't help. It was a last resort as I wasn't about to cull the boys. I need one blue cochin cockeral to be second in comand. I'm working at replacing some of my current flock with better quality. I have really improved on the feathering on shanks and middle toe. It's difficult. I keep getting brass bleeding through on the blues. Others don't have the feathered middle toe or shank. Work in progress. My little project. I don't have much to work with. I only have 1 blue hen, has horrible feathering on shanks and toes, and she also has brass bleeding through around the face and throat. Solomon is perfect, so that's a plus.
Thank you, I am beyond excited, I could squeal. I just got an email from him saying he would not charge any extra delivery since I ordered one more coop. At first I was thinking I would just buy one, but when I ran the idea of getting a second to DH he jumped in the idea because he thought the run was a lil dinky in the first place.

So, I emailed the builder to see if he still had the second one available, which thankfully he still did. We are finally going to have 2 nice safe spaces for the girls.

This reminds me of the age old question: "Which came first the chicken or the coop?"

I am NOT going to lose another bird to these stinky hawks.

Seems I miss so much on here, had no clue you were having to go to such lengths to keep the babies safe. What we do for our birds!

Totally off topic, but I started Zumba this week. Went to the night class last night, my calves are feeling it! My mom has been to 3 classes, last nights, this mornings and tonight's. She is 65 and runs circles around me. I thought the night class was too full with 33 ppl (the room they do it in is not much bigger than my living room!) so I told her I would take the morning class with her. But, I did not mean I would get up this morning and take it. LOL. That would be 2 classes in just barely 12 hrs. Um, she is psycho. Anyway, I will start morning class, supposed to be less ppl. It is actually really fun.

Last edited by Resellmybelle; 02-07-2013 at 10:21 PM.
Resellmybelle is online now   Reply With Quote