Old 02-08-2013, 12:50 PM   #23
TobinsTreasures
Registered Users
Formerly: Kelsey***3
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Lots of ??s. don't hate the newbie. I'm a CD virgin

I went to modernclothdiapers.com and bought used diapers (before I knew about this website). They sell the diapers after they can no longer rent them out but they are still in really good shape.

I started with 6 prefolds (actually 8, 6 ozocozys and 2 thirsties hemp), 6 fitted, 2 covers, 6 aplix (velcro) Bumgenius NB AIO's and 6 snap Kissaluvs NB AIO's. I thought we would prefer snap AIO's (we did) but I wanted to try a variety.

I washed everyday.

My husband kept throwing the covers in the wash after one use (this doesn't work if you only have 2 and they are supposed to last all day), and I couldn't fold a prefold to save my life. Actually it was really that I didn't have the patience for it.

We started using the Bumgenius One Size after a couple of weeks (they are still really big on newborns but you start to get the idea of what you like). Then we added to our stash from there and phased in the OS diapers and phased out the newborn size.

BTW I only spend $100 on all the newborn stuff I mentioned above, but I own it as opposed to renting it through a trial and can resell what we don't plan on using again.

Our favorite diapers in this house are all snaps: bumgenius freetimes, bumgenius elementals (detach the soakers for quick drying), Swaddleebees simplex OS, and thirsties duo (when he grows into). We also have a couple pockets (4.0 and rumparooz) that we stuff at night time but my DS forgets to pull out the soaker when throwing them in the wash and I hate stuffing.

Hope this helps!
TobinsTreasures is offline   Reply With Quote