View Single Post
Old 02-08-2013, 06:51 PM   #27
FamiLEE
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Lots of ??s. don't hate the newbie. I'm a CD virgin

We are planning on getting some of our diapers through the baby shower/registry.
I am very fortunate and glad that we have a store locally. We went there for the first time a couple weeks ago and talked to the lady. She had some open diapers for us to try on a stuffed animal. We spent almost an hour talking to her about diapers and accessories. There is so much there. We did end up buying 3 newborn covers that were on clearance for around $4 a piece. We will also attend some of the classes that they offer.
As for people saying they use recieving blankets and t-shirts, are they using it for wipes or inserts? I am confused on that. Do they just cut them up and sew up the edges so they dont fray? We are going to use the cloth wipes as well and wondered if people mainly bought them or used materials from home.
As for detergents, does it make a big difference using the cloth diaper specific detergents?? Is there things that we need to do different for the washing routine? It seems like a lot of people hang dry their diapers. Does the dryer ruin the diapers? Also are fabric softeners ok?
We will most definitely take lots of pictures when our little one arrives. Only 6 1/2 more months!
FamiLEE is offline   Reply With Quote