View Single Post
Old 02-08-2013, 08:12 PM   #1
Palooka
Registered Users
Formerly: jenn.***
seller

My Mood:
He wants to be in our bed. period.

Night nursing has created a little boy who hates his crib. He's one, and he wants to sleep in our bed and our bed only. Some nights he goes down in his crib for a couple hours before freaking out until I take him into our bed, on nights like tonight he's been hysterical for the past 20 minutes (I go in to calm him every 5 minutes).

It breaks my heart. I know he doesn't want to be alone, but I don't want to go to bed at 8pm every night either! I posted about this a couple months ago and everyone said it sounded like sleep regression, but the fact is in 12 months he has never spent more than half the night in his crib. Sure, sometimes he goes down earlier, but he never ever stays there. I guarantee that in 2-3 hours he will wake up and we will have to do this whole charade all over again, with him hysterical for 20-30 minutes unless we take him into our room. And then again 2-3 hours after that. He doesn't even nurse anymore, he just wants to be next to us.

And naps are no better. If his nanny leaves the room he sleeps 45-90 minutes. If she sits there he will wake, look for her, then go back to sleep for another 45-90.

I know he's little and this is just a phase, but I'm tired of co-sleeping. I'm a WOHM and co-sleeping was the only way I could manage having an EBF baby. But now he's not interested in nursing and I am ready to have my bed back.

But then I hear him crying and come in to see his bedding drenched in snot and tears and it's all because he wants to sleep next to his mama... and ugh I'm so frustrated and torn.

Okay thanks for listening to my rant.

p.s. and I have read the book "the no cry sleep solution" and it didn't help. Maybe because he's older? But the stuff about sleeping on the floor by his crib, soothing from the doorway, none of it makes a difference. He knows what he wants, and he wants out.

Last edited by Palooka; 02-08-2013 at 08:16 PM.
Palooka is online now   Reply With Quote