View Single Post
Old 02-09-2013, 09:26 AM   #1
Mama*Kim
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
"I'm too tired"

DS1 (5 yo) goes through phases of being "too tired" to do anything and it makes me crazy. This morning he wanted a toy that was about 5 steps away and tried to get his brother (2 yo) to get it for him. He was getting irritated that DS2 couldn't find it. I told him he should grab it himself because his brother didn't even know what it was. He told me he was too tired to go get it himself. I told him that if he was too tired to grab a toy 5 steps away that maybe he needed to go back to bed.

"Too tired" is his excuse for everything lately and I don't know what to do about it. He can't eat dinner because he's too tired. He can't tidy his room because he's too tired. It's just an excuse, because 30 seconds later, something interests him and he's off playing. Yesterday, I offered him lunch and he turned it down. Then it was time to tidy his room and he said he couldn't do it because I hadn't fed him so he didn't have energy.

If I hear that he's "too tired" to do anything again today, I'm going to lose my ever loving mind! I think my new plan of attack is going to be sending him to bed every time he's "tired". I don't know what else to do and I'm so sick of the attitude that goes along with it.
Mama*Kim is offline   Reply With Quote