View Single Post
Old 02-09-2013, 06:12 PM   #18
MamaWillow
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by mommy24babes View Post

As far as hurting the cats I'm sorry to say but you are wrong. It certainly can be normal 3 yo behavior. Certainly not all 3 yos hurt animals but children under 6 can lack the empathy needed to understand the animal has feelings. They can also grow up and be nice normal people.

There is a huge difference between the 3 yo pulling the cats tail or squeezing the cats paw and and older child doing serious harm/ killing an animal.

From what you said she probably came away with the impression that you think her 3 yo is a budding sociopath! I wouldn't want to be friends with you or have my child at your home either.

Sounds like her parents are lax with discipline and are contributing to the problem.

I don't want you to misunderstand. " Rosie " and her parents would not be welcome in my home anymore but I do think you have blown things way out of proportion at not only your but your dhs expense.

I would think your Dh would have good reason to be mad. It's his working/personal relationship that will now be changed or maybe even ended. This is not "women's trouble" unless you don't think he will be upset you insulted his child!

Wow. Best of luck. Sounds like you situation went from bad to worse.
Wow, thanks for kicking me while I'm down! You're such a sweetie.
Rachel, SAHM to a 9yo teenager , a 4yo charmer , and a toddling koala bear , and wife to my hard-working hubs. Mostly AP, co-sleeping (with all 3!), BFing, quite crunchy, thrifty, curly-haired mama. Loving my life.
MamaWillow is offline   Reply With Quote