View Single Post
Old 02-09-2013, 08:43 PM   #1
shan1212
Registered Users
seller

Alva vs. Diaper Rite

My stash is all Diaper Rite, and after hearing that they were suspected to be rebranded Alvas, I decided to order some Alvas to see for myself.

I realize this post is worthless without pics, but I am too tired tonight. I'll update tomorrow with some.

The Alvas are significantly larger. The square part of the wing (if that's what it's called?) is about one cm taller on the Alva. The smallest rise setting is equivalent to the middle rise setting on the DR. The DR has tighter leg elastic.

I got all prints, so I don't know if that makes a difference, but the Alvas have a stickier-feeling, thicker texture. They also appear to be a little wider in the crotch.

I don't know if just the series that I ordered (mostly J series), but they are obviously NOT cut from the same cloth, so to speak. Are they made in the same factory? I have no way of knowing. The cut is extremely similar, just the Alvas are larger. And the snap placement is different, though that's obvious just from looking at the websites.

Has anyone else compared both? Or compared either with Diaper Safari pockets?

I just prepped them so I'll test them out on my 11 month old and take some pics tomorrow.

Oh, and there was no invoice or customs slip on the packaging so I can't comment on that. There was a little customs slip taped to the outside but it was blank - nothing was checked. There did appear to be something that had torn off, so maybe that was it.