corinne76
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Please help with my 5-yr-old before I lose my mind

Quote:
Originally Posted by tallanvor View Post
This is the age my kids start spending a lot of time in their rooms for a couple of weeks until they figure out I mean business. I get on their level, make them look me in the eye, I explain why their behavior is not acceptable, and let them know that if they cannot treat other people with respect, then they will go to their room until they are ready to. We will still have issues on occasion, but for the most part, after a week or two, they do better.

Also, part of it has to do with how you parent. I have a tendency to yell, though I have improved through my years as a parent, and DH definitely tends to yell, so our kids tend to yell at each other. I have to make sure I get my down time in order to keep my cool. I take deep breaths, and sometimes I lose it, and then have to go back and talk to my kids about how it wasn't cool that I lost it and possibly apologize.
thank you. I also do realize that her yelling at DS stems from the fact that I do yell as well, and I'm working on it.
I try my best to be patient with her. But like today for example she was drinking from my water bottle and her brother came to her and water. I told her "please give your brother water too" she kept drinking so he couldnt have and when she was done went to put it back on the counter. What?! hello?
and in the bathtub, they play in there for awhile and the water gets cold. I was draining the water and she she placed a toy over the drain. I removed it and told her its blocking it making it go down slowly. What does she do? Takes a DIFFERENT toy and inches it toward the drain when she thinks I'm not looking erh-maa-gawdddd!!!