View Single Post
Old 02-09-2013, 11:53 PM   #5
rainbowgirl28
Registered Users
seller

Re: Have you ever purchased through a co-op?

I love the co-op I am in. Well technically I am in a bunch, but I only buy from one, and even have hosted a few orders.

It can be a very rewarding experience, but you do have to be careful. There have been some scams out there.

Here's what I recommend:
- Join several different co-ops, so you can get a feel for different atmospheres and policies.
- Spend at least a few days reading through old posts. How do the hosts/admins treat the members of the group? Are there many people posting with problems with their orders? Do the hosts seem to ship stuff quickly? How do they respond to problems?
- How do they take payments? Most either use PayPal or WePay or both. Will they invoice you, or do you have to remember to check back to the group to see your totals? Remember that anything sent as a "gift" through PayPal is not covered under PayPal protection.
- Be sure to carefully read the policies for each group.
- Be sure to check all of the fees with each order, and try to at least estimate how much shipping to you will be. Be sure you are really going to save money. Is this something you can order elsewhere for cheaper?
- Know what you are getting. There are a lot of co-ops selling knockoffs/replicas of stuff. Make sure you are clear if you are getting a genuine product from the manufacturer or a knockoff. Knockoffs can be great, just know what you are getting into.

Hope that helps!

Last edited by rainbowgirl28; 02-09-2013 at 11:55 PM.
rainbowgirl28 is offline   Reply With Quote