View Single Post
Old 02-10-2013, 07:50 AM   #57
yellowitchgrl
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: DCF - What to Expect?

be honest, tell them what you're doing, that you're trying- don't sugar coat it. Quite possibly they will be able to help you with services etc.

I've been with the workers as an intern, going in to houses that were utter filth and they got a warning to get it cleaned up. If your house is as clean as you can make it, you're good.

But I've watched the workers get extremely frustrated when people try to make excuses, gloss over things, lie, get angry, etc. Honesty, openness and integrity to own your own struggles will go A LONG way in how the interview goes. You can say "Here is where I feel like I'm doing okay, and here is where I feel like I'm struggling". Odds are good the worker will be a parent too who also struggles. They'll get that.
Sarah. Christian. Married to Jonathan. Proud Mama of 6 boys! Andrew(9), Luke(6) and James (2/13). My babies born into heaven : Zach, Toby and Simon WAHM behind Sarah's Stitches HyenaCart and Etsy, 10% off with the code: DSE10 Facebook Wetbags, Snack Sacks, Fleece Soakers, Dresses, Naked Time Mats, Dresses, Wipes, Affordable Weighted Blankets and more!
yellowitchgrl is offline   Reply With Quote