View Single Post
Old 02-10-2013, 01:46 PM   #6
Christylkeller
Registered Users

My Mood:
Re: Help.. Ebf baby and I'm going back to work

Hugs momma! This is not going to be easy! I worked in daycare for several years, specifically in the infant room. A handful of babies over that 4 yr period simply refused to eat during the day. It was rough for the 1st couple of weeks, and we always offered bottles often, but eventually they fell into a pattern of mom nursing when she dropped off and again when she picked up and they would go the rest of the time refusing the bottle.

My own DD was like that with my DH when I had to go back to work full time when she was 6 months old. She would nurse before I left and refused to take a bottle or cup or dropper all day long. She was on other solid food by then, so that is what DH filled her belly with. When I would get home, she pretty much constantly nursed for 4-5 hours and then still slept through the night.

I hope you have an easier transition. Just be confident in that babies will NOT let themselves starve and can go quite a long time without eating.

Feel free to PM me as I have watched mommas go through bottle refusals and have experienced it myself.

Homeschooling mom to A- '01, M- '05, E- '08 and G born 3/5/13 VBA3C

Always missing my 17 weeker E 7/25/11
Christylkeller is offline   Reply With Quote