Thread: Self weaning
View Single Post
Old 02-10-2013, 10:21 PM   #5
VeganCupcake
Registered Users
seller
seller

Re: Self weaning

My DD is 4y5m and hasn't self-weaned yet. I think the age of self weaning will vary a lot. Some kids are just more attached to the milkies than others. DD nurses once or twice a day at specified times. She doesn't ask very often outside of those times, but if she does, I say she needs to wait until rest time or bedtime. She is usually ok with that, but it did take a while for her to get to that point. She shows no signs of being ready to give up nursing entirely (and I am not in a hurry to have her wean--our situation works fine for me). Recently she told me she would stop nursing when she is six years old.

Would it be possible for you to have the baby wait a little longer until the toddler is finished? I know nobody wants to make a baby wait, but maybe it would ease your toddler's frustration about it if you "told" the baby, "Just wait, big brother is finishing his milkies right now. Your turn is coming soon."