Old 02-11-2013, 10:08 PM   #25
bigmamahayes
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: When is your first appointment?

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisathib123 View Post
I'm never in a rush. I'll wait until I'm 12 or so weeks.
I am the same. I have actually never been seen until about that point, just by circumstance. I have never seen only a bean on the U/S...and thankfully never had to have a 'wand' u/s because I was too far along for it at my first appointments. Haha.

I just got my BFP today, so I am only 4 weeks. I will likely go in sometime next month for labs...then make an appointment for 12 weeks. April sometime.

I honestly prefer to be seen only every other month throughout pregnancy, because getting a sitter for 3 kids so that I can wait an hour to be seen, so that they can measure my fundus and tell me how much weight I've gained is just not worth it. I have a scale at the gym and a measuring tape at home.

I have been very fortunate to have had low risk pregnancies, and I hope this one follows suit!
Amy Kay, Air Force vet, Navy wife to Bradrick, mommy to Jocelyn (3/08), Samuel (10/09) and Carolyn (10/11), expecting #4 in October, Jesus loving, cloth diapering, breastfeeding, extended rear facing, epidural loving, bargain hunting, marathon running, full time online student and dancing drama queen. http://www.happyteamhayes.blogspot.com
bigmamahayes is offline   Reply With Quote