View Single Post
Old 02-13-2013, 05:06 AM   #2
3 ladybugs
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Anybody homeschooling a preschooler?

I started when my son was 3 years 3 months. This wasn't because of anything other then money. DH got a job (after a 7 month lay off) and so we had money and this was a top priority for us. I started my son on Calvert Pre-K. I thought it was good for this age, and a good way to ease him into schooling. My son is now 4 years 4.5 months and we are about 1/3 of the way through kindergarden (also Calvert). I should point out that I have had time off because of the pregnancy and my inability to homeschool when battling morning sickness, so my son is a bit behind where I would like him at this point, but that isn't his fault. I love this curriculum and feel it is worth the cost. Very complete and keeps track of the important stuff for me for grading purposes. Right now he has "check points" or mini tests for Math and Language. Last year he had no "checkpoints". Next year they add Social studies to the checkpoints and also he will get formal tests.

I should add that I am the exception and not the rule when it comes to starting as early as I did. However my son was wanting it and begging for it so I wasn't going to try to piecemeal something together for him.

Last edited by 3 ladybugs; 02-13-2013 at 05:07 AM.
3 ladybugs is online now   Reply With Quote