View Single Post
Old 02-15-2013, 06:02 PM   #35
7mom7
Registered Users

Re: Defiant little girl...I have to tell my friend that her DD can't play with DS any

Wow, we have a kid across the street with very similar behavior and at times he is violent/agressive/calls other kids ugly names. I think a huge part of it is bad parenting, in fact I've heard them say they want him to be "all boy" or tough enough to defend himself. What they have actually done is create a bully. One time he seriously hurt my DS and I was DONE. We haven't played with them for well over a year but I never told her why. I'm sure she thinks I'm just rude or something but since we live near these people I didn't want to burn any bridges or say anything specific about it. Unfortunately, DS really likes playing with this little boy and still talks about him all the time.

It's hard, sometimes I wish I could be more assertive in those situations but I'm really uncomfortable with correcting other people's kids. I'm probably an strict mom by most people's standards but I'm consistent and my kids know what to expect. I feel sorry for kids that don't have any type of structure or discipline.
7mom7 is offline   Reply With Quote