View Single Post
Old 02-16-2013, 09:55 PM   #1
DesertRat
Registered Users
seller

Bedwetting EVERY night at 7 years old

I know bedwetting is "normal" and that it's not even considered a problem by doctors until age 8 or so. I have not really worried about DS. He wears underjams every night and pees every single night, often still soaking sheets. We don't make a big deal out of it at all, though he sometimes says he wishes he could stay dry at night.

However, I'm not sure DS is even a "normal" bedwetter. Even now, at age 7, if he falls asleep for ANY length of time, he pees. For example, if we're on a car trip and he falls sleep he WILL pee within an hour. If we think he's going to fall asleep, we stop and put underjams on him. He wasn't feeling well tonight and fell asleep early. An hour later I went to wake him up to put an underjams on and he'd already peed in his bed.

About a year or so ago I bought a bedwetting alarm. We only tried it a couple times, but he was IMPOSSIBLE to wake up. In the morning he didn't remember us trying to get him to pee. He's a very heavy sleeper. And I wonder if he just relaxes too much. Reading online it says that one cause of bedwetting can be lack of a hormone that is produced at night. However, on the rare occasion he falls asleep during the middle of the day, he still wets. So I don't think it's lack of this hormone at night causing his problems.

In 7 years he's been drying maybe 3 or 4 times. I don't see this as something he's going to outgrow anytime soon. Any thoughts or advice or experience?
DesertRat is offline   Reply With Quote