View Single Post
Old 02-17-2013, 04:53 PM   #33
thealmightyme
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by DesertRat View Post

For several years my DH worked in an early intervention center for kids with special needs. He said once that it seemed to him that "typical" kids must be a minority because all day long he saw kids who weren't.

While it's painful to see a child with an illness, statistically less than 1% of boys sufffer from UTIs. It may seem to you that UTIs are a plague among children, but that is just not the case.

Circumcision is THE ONLY procedure we do to prevent problems that may or may not occur in the future. We don't take out a baby's appendix to prevent appendicitis. We don't take out a baby's tonsils to prevent tonsillitis. We don't even put tubes in babies ears to prevent chronic ear infections. We treat the problems ONLY as they occur.

Statistically it is very unlikely that a child who is properly cared for will have any problems with their foreskin, including UTIs. In fact, statistics show they are more likely to have a complication from their circumcision than to have a problem with their foreskin.
I said that was the reason I chose it. I never said that it was the correct choice for anyone else.
thealmightyme is offline   Reply With Quote