View Single Post
Old 02-17-2013, 03:55 PM   #34
BigSamsMom
Registered Users
seller

Re: Need some info on circing

My DS1 is circed and my DS2 is intact. I guess deep down, I have always been against it, but I let my husband make the decision with DS1, and he chose to go through with it, since he too was circed - it was as simple as him wanting his son to look like Daddy. Unfortunately DS1's circ got infected and required some intervention... it traumatized me and further ingrained in me that it was strictly a cosmetic procedure that was not medically necessary. With DS2 I literally talked my DH out of having him circed at the hospital. My father is intact and never has had any problems in 75 years. We only have one intact Uncle that has had problems with yeast, but he is morbidly obese and borderline diabetic. There isn't much difference in keeping my two DS's "clean", you just wash both well. On intact penises, the foreskin doesn't retract until a boy is 4-5 years old, and it should never be forcefully retracted before that. DS1 has yet to notice that DS2's penis looks different than his. DS2 was much more alert and content as a newborn not having the circ, whereas DS1 was very sleepy and fussy after having his done. DS2 nurses better than DS1 ever did, and I think not having the circ is part of it. It's a painful procedure that takes a while to heal.
BigSamsMom is offline   Reply With Quote