View Single Post
Old 02-17-2013, 09:24 PM   #7
Registered Users
Re: Maca for adrenal regulation and energy?

Thanks, Keen!

Customer reviews suggest that you start with a small dose and then work up to either the amount recommended by your doctor or on the bottle. Its hormone-regulating properties can apparently be hormone-wacko for some people if they don't go slow (and sometimes even if they do go slow). Maca appears to be used for strength/energy, fertility, libido, hormone regulation (PMS/menopause), and adrenal regulation. From what I've read so far it can help some with hypothyroid (but be problematic for hyperthyroid and maybe for some hypos too?). There are a lot of different compounds in the maca root, and different components may do different things (both a blessing and a curse to have so many components). I'll keep it on my doctor check list and continue listening here if others have something to contribute.

Deodorants and Diapersticks!
Pain and Sleep oil roll ons too! Inhalers for Allergies, Nausea, Sinus & Germ, Memory & Concentration, and Mood
Keep a look out for more roll on blends in the near future. 5% DS discount code at my etsy shop: DIAPERSWAPPERS5
debcita429 is offline   Reply With Quote