View Single Post
Old 02-18-2013, 02:42 PM   #416
3lilbubs
Registered Users
seller

Re: ****Winter**** Chicken Moma chat thread. Join in the chat!

Well if there's any positive, it's that I know it's not my incubator. The first batch I did were eggs from my own flock, so I had day-old, fresh eggs to set. I had one clear egg, no quitters. So it has to be old eggs/shipped egg problems (some did have detached cells) and possibly the cold weather we had that week. If I completely discount the silkie eggs from the equation (because they were doomed from the get-go) then I have about a 50% success rate going right now which is about average for shipped eggs. It's just a bummer because I was hoping to have more to choose from.

This week has just been a lot of frustrating events one after another, sorry if I'm a grouch. LOL Thanks for those that offered to send me eggs, I may do it another time but since I ordered the turkey eggs I'm not sure when those are coming and so I can't guess when the incubator would be free yet.

So I need some opinions, our would-be "keep" baby rooster has started biting us when we pick him up. Cull him? I've never had a chicken bite me before, it's weird. I can only imagine that would translate to more aggressive behavior later though.
3lilbubs is offline   Reply With Quote