Old 02-18-2013, 09:26 PM   #40
Harmony96
Administrator
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Pregnancy After Loss (Feb 15-28)

I went to a conference this weekend for Christian women. The theme this year was "Our Amazing Race." There were a lot of triggers there for me. One of the ladies mentioned one of her children being born three months early, and had a picture of him in the NICU and her and her DH up on the slideshow. Tears filled up my eyes. Another speaker was talking about baby names, and how the most important place that baby's name should be written is in the Lamb's book of life, and I started crying again since one of my kid's names is already there.

Then today, still thinking about those triggers over the weekend, I came home and dug up the paper from the hospital where they put his footprints after he died, and I compared it to Josiah's footprints on his homebirth birth certificate. Jonathan's footprints were so itty bitty tiny compared to Josiah's.

The "nostalgia" or whatever you want to call it still hits me when I least expect it. I'm not ready to look through his entire box of memories yet, though (but I did have to open it to get out that footprint paper).
Harmony96 is offline   Reply With Quote