Registered Users
Previously: 4boysforme
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Good crock pot potato soup recipe?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mama_to_DJM View Post
This isn't a crock pot soup, but it is a very yummy ham & potato soup!

3 1/2 cups diced potatoes (peeled if desired)
1/2 cup diced celery
1/3 cup finely chopped onion
1 cup diced cooked ham
3 cups water
1 tbsp. chicken bouillon
1/2 tsp. each salt & pepper, or to taste
3 tbsp. butter
3 tbsp. flour
2 cups milk, warmed

1. Combine the potatoes, celery, onion, ham, water, bouillon, salt and pepper in a large pot. Bring to a gentle boil, then simmer for 10-15 minutes or until potatoes are tender.

2. Once you turn on the pot to boil, start making the sauce in a separate saucepan. Melt butter over medium-low heat, then whisk in the flour. Cook, stirring constantly, for about 1 minute. Slowly whisk in the milk. Bring it to a simmer, stirring often, then cook for a few more minutes until thickened.

3. Stir the milk mixture into the potato mixture, season to taste, and serve. Top with grated cheese, if desired. Enjoy!

Notes
- Feel free to add more or less of the vegetables; this is just the amount I like
- You could substitute the water & bouillon for chicken broth
- I slightly peel the potatoes, just while I'm cutting them. I slice off the ends and part of the flat surface, which leaves us with about half the peel still attached.
Thanks- looks yummy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mama_to_DJM View Post
Ouch!!! I did this 2 years ago, exact same way. I feel your pain!

I threw away my regular can opener, and bought this OXO smooth edge can opener instead. No more sharp edges now!!
Added to my cart! Thanks so much! I cut an artery and it still hurts and I can't bend my thumb!
Lee Ann RN student/ SAHM to Jaret '00, Spencer '03, Preston '05 (CLW at 37 months), Griffin '08 by VBAC (CLW at 21 months), & Mallory '10 by VBAC! Formerly tandem & bfing for a combined total of 122 months & counting! Also cloth diapering & baby wearingMy HUGE FSOTMY ISO
4boys1girlforme is online now   Reply With Quote