View Single Post
Old 02-19-2013, 02:40 PM   #39
Kiliki
Registered Users
Formerly: kr***y
seller

Re: Need some info on circing

I'm not pro OR anti circ.

I circ'd my first for a myriad of reasons.

But the experience was so traumatic for me that I won't ever do it again to any other boys that I have. There were no medical repercussions for our circ'ing our son. The repercussions I dealt with were purely emotional/psychological. I still BF'd him for 2 yrs, so it didn't hinder that. But as a result of other life circumstances, and then combined with the circ'ing experience, I wound up with moderate PPD for a long, long time. I was a crappy mom b/c of it.

It's a purely selfish reason. I don't think the pros for circ hold much weight. I think circ is a primarily cosmetic surgery, sometimes done for religious reasons. I am not bothered or angered or inflamed at all that people chose to perform circ's on their sons. I don't buy into the "his body, his choice" blah blah. We do all sorts of crap to our kids without their consent that are purely for cosmetic reasons, or at the very least, are unnecessary.

I'm due in 3 weeks, and If I'd had a good experience circ'ing my first, I would likely circ this boy, too. I feel really badly that I will have one son circ'd and one not. I realize it probably won't be a big deal overall, but it still bothers me. It doesn't bother me NEARLY as much as the thought of going through the traumatic experience of getting a circ done, though. So I just won't do it.
Kiliki is offline   Reply With Quote