View Single Post
Old 02-20-2013, 03:34 PM   #12
Mom2Connor
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmilytheStrange
some of you guys must have some amazing 26month olds.

There's no way in the world that my child would have understood 'you can't come back if you tantrum now' at that age. She's almost 29 months and she still wouldn't get that.

and I give her a lot of credit. I tell her things like 'girls who tantrum don't get "__" (whatever)' because I figure someday she'll get it.

that's why I just go with the sweet and short, simple options. 'you do it or mom does it' and giving her time to see me and realize that it'll be time to leave soon instead of just arriving and swooping in and taking her abruptly (not saying you do that).

but anyways.. just some thoughts.
My thoughts as well. I would skip the shoe change, I totally get that it's cold but even socks would be fine for a walk to the car. Use a blanket or carseat poncho instead of a jacket if the jacket is a real fight. Then pick her up and walk out tantrum or not.

Our DS only goes to daycare (a hone center of a woman we know) occasionally and I swear he would live there if he could. He used to throw HUGE fits when we would show up. We finally just had to start saying in a happy voice things like, "I know you are having fun, but it's time to go home now. We will come play again soon." eventually, he got better. He is now 2 1/2 and this started at about 2ish. We didn't use daycare ever before that.