ajane
Registered
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Blech. I need some advice regarding appropriate consequences

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmilytheStrange View Post
I'd get one of those big sibling shirts and make them wear it together. Or, alternatively, completely separate them where they're not allowed to be in the same room at the same time or something. The goal being to teach them to appreciate their sibling and playmate.

honestly, pretending to kick each other doesn't sound like something that needs a big, grand consequence. Actually hurting eachother would be different. Sounds like they're doing it mostly to annoy eachother and you. So, don't take the bait and make a big deal out of it. Just separate them. Or conjoin them.
Actually, they already have them and DD1 especially always wears hers, so I'm not sure if that will help, lol.

They actually do hit and kick, but it isn't "forceful". I've tried ignoring it and not making a big deal but one of them comes crying. I don't think it is b/c they are really hurt, but more hurt feelings.

I do like Danner's post in excluding them from a family or joint activity. We like to be together and do things together so that might work.