View Single Post
Old 02-22-2013, 05:20 AM   #47
disneylindsay
Registered Users
seller

Re: What do you NOT like about wool?

Quote:
Originally Posted by junvwekt View Post
Yeah. That is probably the most important reason I think it might not work for me. Even as cute & fun as it can be w/ cloth, I don't want diapering my baby to become a hobby, or something that takes up a LOT of the time I could be spending w/ my family, or on other things I enjoy. I already have hobbies I love (that don't involve poop at all!) that I can actually use to MAKE money!

Aaaaand, with my budget constraints, I wouldn't be one of the people who has 237 woolies for each kid, so, realistically, I would have to wash more frequently. I also think my babies will be close together in age, so I could potentially have 2-3 in diapers at once. Yikes! The wool might last through all those kids, but I don't know if my patience would.

Thanks for all the input, y'all!
You see I really don't think it takes all that much time to do. I fill the sink drop them in along with the wash and lanolin, and then I move on to something else that needs to be done. I let them soak, come back to check on them, if they need a swish I do..If I think it needs more time to soak then I do. I wring them out, roll them in a towel and hang them up..easy peasy...I'm not sure about it taking lots of time, I have next to no spare time though and am always busy with my own four children and a full home daycare of 5 children, so maybe I don't realize.

You should try it, then you will know if it is for you or not. I purely tried it since my heavy wetter was leaking out of everything at night. so I got wool for a night system,along with a SBISH OBF to try and I was amazed at how it works and how much easier my life was...I may have had an extra piece of wool to care for, but I had dry sheets every morning, and pjs that could be worn again..so for me the trade off was not bad at all!