View Single Post
Old 02-22-2013, 09:01 AM   #7
kai_e
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Anyone with a child with an immunodeficiency disorder?

Thank you mamas for reading and making me feel like I am not alone. We will meet with a nutritionist and do GI testing to see what is going on there. Based on the results we will modify his diet and see if that has an impact.

Right now, by looking at my excel chart - by the way am totally sad that I keep an excel chart of when he is sick - he has a fever usually with some symptoms (runny nose, cough, congestion) about every 10 - 12 days. He had a really good run this summer where he went 2 whole months without a cold! It was so awesome, I can't even describe it. It was like being transported back to when he was 16 months old and had almost never been sick.

He started getting sick when he started weaning - around 18 months and at first we thought it was just normal stuff but he had his first ear infection that never went away, even with augmentin. We got tubes which helped that problem but then he started getting pneumonia ALL the time and spiking these crazy high fevers. After about 5 months, 3 hospital visits, chest x-rays etc everyone was finally convinced I wasn't a nutjob and he REALLY was sick all the time and we did blood work.

That is when his iGA and iGM levels were noticed and they have been dropping ever since. His iGA is now completely absent. Both his pedi and immunologist drew the conclusion that his body has never made iGA but that he was getting it from me via nursing. By the time we found out about the levels though he was already well weaned. I tried to re-lactate just so I could pump but was unable to.
kai_e is offline   Reply With Quote