View Single Post
Old 02-25-2013, 02:56 PM   #1
MothyrGrimm
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
DS has a virus right now, I'm guessing rsv since he's had it once before before and it seems exactly the same just more runny nose/sneezing. Anywho took him to the doc this morning and got some albuterol for his nebulizer. We came home and he fell asleep so I decided I'll do a treatment when he wakes up. After sleeping about 45 mins he suddenly woke up crying, gasping and making this awful scary noise like dragging a chair across a wood floor. He could barely breathe and his lips were turning blue. I ran into the kitchen and threw together the nebulizer in about .003 seconds since it wasn't set up yet and gave him a treatment and it seemed to stop it. You can still hear the noise a tiny bit every now and then when he takes a really deep breath but seems okay now... Seriously the scariest thing ever. I called the pedi and she said if he's okay there isn't a need to go to the er since they'll basically do the same thing. She thinks it's mostly congestion but I've never ever heard him make anything close to that sound before and now his coughs sound normal again.

DH and BIL had asthma as a little kids so I feel like he's more prone to it and several doctors have told me he will be more at risk of developing it because of having rsv previously and now again.... Any thoughts or advice? I've never seen an asthma attack before and I'm wondering if I should have him assessed for asthma now?

ETA: I also don't think it was some congestion in his throat because even after the treatment had him calmed down and breathing okay if he started crying (within the 5 mins after treatment) the noise would start again he'd be gasping a bit again.

Last edited by MothyrGrimm; 02-25-2013 at 03:10 PM.
MothyrGrimm is offline   Reply With Quote