View Single Post
Old 02-28-2013, 09:41 PM   #3
birdinhand
Registered Users

Re: Am I ALREADY getting depressed?

Depression and mood disorders are actually more common during pregnancy than in the postpartum period, but we don't hear about that. Often a woman gets a mood disorder while pregnant that goes undiagnosed, then she has a baby and gets dx'd with "postpartum" whatever, anxiety, depression, OCD, etc. So, it would be part and parcel for being pregnant and having the hormonal issues, plus prior history, and any other factors that come into play.

Let your practitioner know you are having some issues and see what he/she says. That's great you are going to encapsulate your placenta. I would encourage you to reach out to your support people now, because when you hit your low, you don't have the energy/strength/wherewithall to seek out support, or to even know what you need in that moment.

Wishing you peace and calm. Remember, every baby is different. And the huge bonus of having experienced a mood disorder before is, you can recognize it, like a scent you smelled 20 years ago, a lot faster than someone who has no experience -- so you can saym I know what this is, I don't want to go there again, I am going to get help now instead of waiting for it to get better, go away, etc.
birdinhand is offline   Reply With Quote