View Single Post
Old 03-05-2013, 08:41 AM   #17
alyxmegan
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by lynn97

Amen!! My MIL was so mad when we had DS that we said no one could be in the waiting room and that we were going to take 2-3 hours as a family of 3 (DH, baby and I). We wanted skin-to-skin time, bf'ing time, etc - just us. My family respected it but my MIL was not happy and said we were selfish. She also wanted to be there for the labor which I was adamantly against. Finally, my 40-something, never-married, no kids BIL told her to zip it and asked why she wanted to be there for all that would likely go down (me being sick, in pain, stressed, etc). Amen to that!! I will just have DH in the room this time too. Giving birth is an intensely personal experience and each mama should do what makes her comfortable, including having who she wants there.

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum
I haven't even had the conversation with MIL yet. She lives 3 hours away and told me to tell her as soon as contractions start so she can come here to be here for the labor and delivery. I figure we will just tell her after baby comes and that will give us the 3 hours before her hyper butt shows up
alyxmegan is offline   Reply With Quote