Thread: Fish help plz
View Single Post
Old 03-05-2013, 10:31 AM   #3
Hungry Caterpillar
Registered Users
seller
seller

Re: Fish help plz

low "fishy taste or smell" fish is the freshest fish you can find, not necessarily the type of fish. Even a fish that was caught, filleted and flash frozen will be less fishy tasting than a fish sitting in the market case for a couple days.

We cook a lot of salmon, but wild salmon is far tastier (yet more expensive) than farmed salmon so I would recommend that. I like to brush it with olive oil and sprinkle with dill, then cook in a med-hot pan with a few tsp of olive oil heated. I cook flesh side down first for 6 minutes, then turn it over skin side down in the pan and cook until it flakes apart. This amount of time will change depending on thickness. Usually around 4/5/6 mins. I cook skin side down last because then when it flakes and tries to fall apart, the skin is there as a base. We serve with rice and steamed veggies.

Nearly all other fish we will broil or BBQ. Almost any white, delicate fish can benefit from a little lemon and butter, then going under the broiler.

Whatever day you buy it, eat it that day. Let me know if you need more help. We cook fish 4-5 days per week in the summer.

"More Baby" coming May 2014

ISO - Curious George Twin Pottery Barn bedding... will pay with PP.
Hungry Caterpillar is offline   Reply With Quote