View Single Post
Old 03-05-2013, 12:54 PM   #9
graceworks
Registered Users
Formerly: annaelise
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Carrier Clueless - good place to start?

I have a 9 month old about the size of your LO and I find that its much easier having her on my back in the store now that she's big. She can see better and its nice to have my front free. I was intimidated by back carries when out and about so I got the Beco Butterfly and it makes back carries SO easy. I literally just put her on like a back pack, since there is an internal harness she can't slip out. If you are new to back carries it might be nice to have. However, if you're comfortable with the idea of putting him on your back in a mei tai out in public than I think Mei Tais have the advantage of being a bit more comfortable.

That being said the ring sling is much better for quick trips or to pop her in at home to and from the car and at church, etc.

I think the combo of either a Mei Tai or SSC plus the ring sling you already have will get you through any situation
loving being a stay at home wife to DH (married 4/11/09) and mommy to DD1 (10/4/10) and little DD2 (5/30/12) and expecting baby #3 in March!
graceworks is offline   Reply With Quote