View Single Post
Old 03-11-2013, 07:06 PM   #24
mommabritt
Registered Users
seller

Location: Currently MO; but wherever the Marines send us. SoCal at heart.
My Mood:
I love this soup....

Lentil Minestrone Soup from crockpot365 blog

2 cups lentils, rinsed
1/2 cup diced celery
1/2 cup diced carrot
1 onion, peeled and diced
4 cloves garlic, minced
1 (28-ounce) can diced tomatoes (with juice!)
1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
2 teaspoons paprika
1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
1/2 teaspoon black pepper
2 cups hearty torn greens, like kale or chard (if you'd prefer spinach, stir in before serving)
4 cups vegetable or chicken broth (optional: add another 1 to 2 cups of broth if you'd like before serving)

The Directions....
Use a 6-quart slow cooker. Put the rinsed lentils into the bottom of an empty insert. Add the diced celery, carrot, onion, and garlic (if you have a food processor, it might be helpful to use). Add the entire can of diced tomatoes, and add the seasonings and torn greens. Stir in the broth (I used chicken, but any broth will work just fine).
Cover, and cook on low for 8 to 10 hours, or until the lentils are soft. If you'd like to stretch this to feed more, or for a thinner soup, feel free to add more broth.
Serve with grated Parmesan cheese, if desired, and a hunk of garlic bread.

Other veggie takes on traditional favorites around here....no recipes because eyre just thrown together usually...

Enchiladas stuffed with peppers, black beans, olives, and green chilis topped with tomatillo sauce
Penne and pesto sauce with pine nuts
Penne and homemade marinara sauce with French bread
Cheesy potato soup
Broccoli cheese soup (pioneer woman's is my fave!!)
Veggie chili made with chili beans, carrot, tomato, chilies, zucchini, corn and black beans

***IDSO Salt Water Sandals- White, Toddler 7***
mommabritt is offline   Reply With Quote