Thread: BH anyone?
View Single Post
Old 03-13-2013, 02:37 PM   #21
momto2princesses
Registered Users

Re: BH anyone?

Quote:
Originally Posted by lynn97 View Post
I often wonder some doctors are thinking. Hopefully there was a medical reason that made your doctor think this was the right thing to do. That sounds just miserable :-(

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum
Unfortunately not. my GD was positive with that pregnancy, although I never had to take meds for it and my blood sugars were ALWAYS within the normal range (with the exception of the stupid test). At 37 weeks, my OB said that my DD was over 9 lbs already, and basically gave me the option of amnio for lung maturity and early induction, or an elective c-section. I chose the first. It was my 1st baby and I just wasn't prepared to go against my OBs instructions at that time. Long story short, I ended up with a c-section anyways (after the induction failed), and my DD was a whopping 7 lbs 6 ozs. I would have felt a lot better about it if she'd just apologized for her enormous mistake. I was more than a little angry...I actually made my OB cry at my follow up appointment. She essentially told me that even 7 lbs was too big for my tiny pelvis. I went on to VBAC DD2, who was 8 lbs 6 ozs with a nuchal hand. I'm pretty sure I could birth a ten pound baby without any problem. :-) In retrospect, I'm actually glad about what happened with DD1, because it really made me appreciate my role in the pregnancy/birth process and my responsibility to make the decisions that are right for my family.

Last edited by momto2princesses; 03-13-2013 at 02:38 PM.
momto2princesses is offline   Reply With Quote