Old 03-13-2013, 09:59 PM   #12
VeganCupcake
Registered Users
seller
seller

Re: Non-biased BF info

Quote:
Originally Posted by KendallMarie View Post
I've had a look at the local LLL groups... I may be being very biased myself... but I took one look at the areas they meet in and said not a chance. My experience with mothers from those neighbor hoods have been less then pleasant. Lets just say they think rather highly of themselves.
I didn't really love my LLL group so much, because I felt like I was at least 10 years older than everyone else there and didn't really fit in BUT the leader was wonderful. I called her on the phone when my DD was a week or so old and she gave me some great advice and encouragement. The leaders are usually great, even if the group doesn't suit you.

Quote:
Just the HoW To-s... like a technical guide. I've tried a few books and lots of sites and I'm just so tired of the uber lactivist statements. They just bother me to the point that I won't finish reading and so don't learn anything.

I know the Why's... all health benefits etc aside the financial reason should be a huge one for me.
I really liked Dr. Jack Newman's Ultimate Book of Breastfeeding Answers. I also like his website for information and videos. If you're going to write a book and maintain a website about breastfeeding, you feel pretty strongly about it. But I think he comes across quite level-headed.