View Single Post
Old 03-17-2013, 04:45 PM   #1
Christylkeller
Registered Users

My Mood:
Over supply/foceful letdown??

Okay mommas! I need help! This is my 4th baby that I have nursed, but my 1st with green poos and LOTS of spitting up. From what I have researched, it seems that I might have an over supply and/or forceful letdown issue, but I really am not sure.

LO is almost 2 weeks old. He nurses every 2-3 hours during the day and 4ish hours overnight. His poos are green and seedy/curdly about 90% of the time and then yellow and seedy/curdly the rest of the time. He has plenty of wet diapers. He is also VERY spitty. I don't know if I would call it projectile based on the definition that I understand it to be, but it is A LOT and with EVERY feeding. He isn't very fussy at all. He has had EXCELLENT weight gain (12 oz in 5 days).

I just started block feeding today. I fed him on one side, and needed to burp him 3 times during that feeding. The spitting up seemed a bit better with him only really puking during one of the burping times.

So, what do you ladies think? I am considering calling the LC this week if I don't see a difference. Is there something to be concerned with? Is block feeding the way to go? Ahhhh... so confused.

I do want to mention that I have always had a great supply and this is the 1st time that I didn't feel like I needed to pump at the end of the day to ease up on the engorgement because he seemed to take everything that I have and be satisfied with it.

TIA for any help and insight you can offer!

Homeschooling mom to A- '01, M- '05, E- '08 and G born 3/5/13 VBA3C

Always missing my 17 weeker E 7/25/11
Christylkeller is offline   Reply With Quote