View Single Post
Old 03-18-2013, 10:24 AM   #5
Fashionably Green Baby
Registered Users
Formerly: artistmom
seller

My Mood:
It would depend on how breastfeeding was going with the new baby. But then I don't like to pump so I wouldn't be as likely to do it.
I failed at breastfeeding my oldest (only made it 3 months) for several reasons and I have the same guilt. I wish u had done more and tried harder but I can't go back. She was 3 1/2 when DS was born so I didn't even think about trying to pump for her but even if I had wanted to it wouldn't have been easily attainable. I had a very rough nursing experience with DS because he was reflux, colic, and FTT even though I had more than enough milk. He was constantly sick, I had to pump between feeding and put that in an sNS to use when he nursed (long story) and I could go on and on. He finally weaned at 11 months because we had to start supplementing with elecare formula and he liked it better

With YDD nursing her was a dream (and she nursed until 18 months!!!!)
But I couldn't pump for DS because he can't tolerate dairy and soy and I didn't want to do an elimination diet when YDD didn't need it