View Single Post
Old 03-19-2013, 01:44 PM   #22
qsefthuko
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller
seller

Re: The Tale of a CD addict

My first was sposied because we lived in small town USA, no Internet access, nor any idea how to use a computer had we had one.

All I had access to was Gerber brand plastic and prefolds. I did try them. However as my daughter was prone to yeast infections sposies were better for her so I gave up. That was nearly 14 years ago.

Ds1 I used sposies until we ran out of money for diapers. Then I used our last $5 after bills were paid and bought Gerber plastic and 4 pins. For about 2-4 (can't remember exactly)months we used those with receiving blankets and the occasional tshirt. Then when ds1 was 6 months old I was given 5 dozen Gerber prefolds to use. We used those for the next 3-4 months when we had the money to buy DSQ Chinese premium prefolds, 3 Lanacare wool covers, 1 Bummis purple drawstring wetbag, 2 snappis, 6 pins, and Eucalan wool wash. He was in those until he outgrew them when thinking he would potty train soon so new cloth wouldn't be worth it I switched to sposies.

Ds2 I started with prefolds and Lanacare covers. Then I found diaperswappers. That was the beginning of the end. Now I still have prefolds and a Lanacare cover, but I also have flats, fitteds, longies, shorties, wool wraps, and other brands of wool soakers as well.

Fortunately for my husband I have never gotten into PUL covers, pockets, AIOs, or AI2s.