airmans_angel
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Update on Andy (delayed speech)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SweetMamaKaty View Post
As hard as it is, you cannot let yourself go down the guilt path. My daughter has sensory issues without a diagnosis (just aged out of early intervention and we do pt on the side) and low muscle tone. I only mention this so that you know I understand where you're coming from (and am struggling with the same things!)

I just keep loving her for who she is, instead of mourning her struggles. And YAY for you Mama, for going the extra mile for him now! You're giving him a head-start that not every child gets. People won't understand, but that's ok. You're his Mommy and always will be - we didn't want our children to have difficulties, but we're doing everything that we can from this point forward to give them the best life possible!! You can do it, and I'll bet his progress blows you away.
Thanks Mama! It is hard, and we are trying as much early intervention as we can, we found a prek through our public school that will come to the house, and work with him, along with his speech and Occupational therapist.

I really needed to hear this, its just been such an overwhelming day.
airmans_angel is offline   Reply With Quote