Thread: Help me decide!
View Single Post
Old 03-21-2013, 02:54 PM   #1
Kyonarai
Registered Users
seller

Help me decide!

So, I want to keep my daughter in mostly stay dry materials again, since she seems much comfier in them. I don't like lay in liners at all, since they bunch up too much.

I've been using pad folded flats during the day and flip night time inserts inside of a suedecloth insert sock at night for months now. so I have night time covered.

For day time, I'm considering these three options:

-Buy 24 Osocozy stay dry prefolds
-Buy 24 GMD prefolds and sew a strip of suedecloth down the middle(I'd probably only attach at the top and bottom so they'd come clean easier)
-Sew 24 insert socks big enough for my GMD large flats(since the socks I use on my flip organic inserts are too short since they were made for BG and flip inserts)

I like my flats a lot, but I do get a little burnt out on folding after awhile, so the last option is the least appealing to me. And I also don't want to sew anything to my flats that might impair their awesome hand-washability(totally a word now!). I use them exclusively whenever we travel, and like that I don't have to worry about buildup on them.

Buying the osocozy prefolds is very appealing because it lets me be lazy and not have to find time to use my friend's sewing machine since mine is broken. However, I have concerns about ease of washing since the stay dry layer covers the entire side and is sewn down. Any experience here with these?
Also, I'm generally GMD loyal, though I also realize that the prefold fabric is all pretty similar across the popular brands.

As for the GMD option, that would be the most appealing if I could get someone to do the sewing for me, lol. I'd be buying them as unbleached, prepping, then sewing a strip of suedecloth down the middle(attached only across the top and bottom, so water can get underneath easier during washing) that was slightly wider than the middle of the prefold so that when you tri folded it the edges would be covered in stay dry also.

So what do you ladies think? Should I spring for the already sewn prefolds and hope they come clean easily, or should I just fix up my own to exactly what I want and accept the extra work that comes along with that option?

Last edited by Kyonarai; 03-21-2013 at 02:58 PM.
Kyonarai is offline   Reply With Quote