Old 03-22-2013, 06:06 AM   #13
jbug_4
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Allergy questions + Flying with epi-pens

Quote:
Originally Posted by PoshPants View Post
I've seen them before but can NOT find them anywhere, maybe they stopped doing them?

Walgreens sells a generic single dose. Each one in the box comes label in a foil pouch. Benedryl I believe did stop making them but Walgreen has a generic and I think some of the other drug stores might too, but Walgreen is the only one I know of for sure.

Should probably keep your boxes in the future. i keep mine (for the one i carry) in our cabinet in case we need the prescription for any reason. DD's school requires the prescription in order to keep the epi-pen- in other words they require the box with prescription label to keep her epi pen. her preschool (not daycare, but actual preschool) did as well. We've ran into one other situation where we needed the box with script label but I can't remember what it was. I think it might have been a ferry ride that did not allow any outside food. They told us we could bring food only for her but make sure to have proof. i think they were the one that said the script was good for that.

You may want to ask your doc for a note on the epi pens just in case since you don't have the box anymore.