View Single Post
Old 03-22-2013, 11:29 PM   #1
HappyHeinersMama
Registered Users

Stinky and repelling water problems!

Hey, I am new here and this is my first thread and my first time joining anything like this, so I have no idea what I am doing I hope I am putting this in the right place.
I really need some help with my diapers!! I have been using cloth for almost 3 years now. I use fuzzy bunz and a few happy heinys. I have just recently been having stink problems and repelling problems. I started using cloth while living with my mom who had soft water and never seemed to have any problems, besides the occasional leak. But shortly after we moved, a year and a half ago, the problems started, every diaper leaked. We have very hard water. I don't know if it is the washer, the detergent, the washing method or what! I originally used Planet detergent but Kroger stopped selling it so I switched to tiny bubbles by grovia. I always used fabric softener with my sheets and towels, in the new house and when living with my mom. I also used dryer sheets with all loads, except the diapers. A friend told me to
stop using both, and I have done that, about a month ago maybe. I stripped all the diapers at my moms with RLR two times, but the inserts still repell water, so do the pocket covers. They also stink when taking them out of the dryer. The night beforee last, I thought that my baby's diaper must be so wet that it was probably over full and leaking because of how stinky it was, but it was hardly wet! The diapers have never been stripped before. I am about ready to trash them and buy a whole new set for the baby. Oh, I also tried stripping them first with dawn dish soap, but they just smelled like dawn scented icky! I also don't see many suds in the wash, and didn't see many when stripping with dawn. Any advice for something to do? Oh and I have started adding 3/4 of a capfull of Calgon to the diaper loads. Thank you in advance for your help.
HappyHeinersMama is offline   Reply With Quote