View Single Post
Old 03-22-2013, 11:38 PM   #1
Aub's
Registered Users
seller

Location: Cali Born and Raised But Transplanted To Albany Oregon...
My Mood:
Meds, Ciropractic Help With Autsim?

I know I have only posted a few times here but now I have internet so hopefully I can stay up on this thread

Man I don't even know where to start here, I guess I can give you some back story. Ezra is 3.5 years old and he was diagnosed with Autism back in November by his school and the CDRC. We have been dealing with this since he was 13 months old. He is non verbal, very, very aggressive and abusive and he does not eat much at all. He also does not sleep very well so he takes .01.5mg of Clonidine.

We did not want to medicate ever and we put it off for a long time but he just started to get to be to much for us to handle. We first tried to treat his OCD behaviors with Prozac and that lasted 5 days, it was just horrible and he was 100 times worse. After talking to the Dr again we decided to try to treat his hyper activity so we tried Ritalin. He's doing ok on it and he's taking 5mg 3x a day. It's in no way helped with his meltdowns and aggression but it has helped him with the eating. We are all surprised cause it's suppose to make him have no appetite but it seems to have done the opposite. The Dr is now thinking he may have ADHD to go along with his firs diagnosis but were going to hold off on that for now.

I have so much mommy guilt for starting these meds, I feel like a failure as a mom and I feel like I have given up on my child. Is anyone else going through the same thing as I am? This is all just so hard on us, he's so aggressive and he attacks us for no reason. The meltdowns are just getting to be so much for us. I swear he looks like we beat him from all the bruises on his legs from him slamming his legs and body in to stuff.

I feel like he needs to be punished when he lashes out on us and needs to know what he's doing is wrong but I have no clue where to start when it comes to this. I have been reading about ciro's and seeing some good stuff about this. Anyone have any background in this?

Aggggg sorry this is all over the place, I really don't know were to turn, I have no family, no friends, it's just my husband and I in this and were both in the same place when it comes to this. I guess if you got this far I should give you a gold star I guess I am just a mess right now, trying to deal with all this and stay sane. I just want to be the supermom to a SN child and not the anxiety ridden mom I am now
Aubree, Proud Mama To 7 Little Hellion's, Wife To My Sexy Baker Tyler Crunchy, Tattooed, Pierced, Dreddy, Baby Wearing, Extended Rear Facing, AP Parenting, Circumcising, No Longer Vaxing, Mama To An Autistic/ADHD Boy And Dam Proud Of It
Aub's is offline   Reply With Quote