View Single Post
Old 03-31-2013, 08:19 PM   #25
crunchymamaNY
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: What's the longest your postpartum bleeding lasted?

I breastfed all my kids:

With my first, I bled for 6 weeks, then 2 weeks off, then bled again for a month. Then, no bleeding until my son was 9 or 10 months old. I got 1 or 2 periods (normal) then oops, got preggers again! LOL! After 2nd was born, I only bled for about 10-14 days! I was soooo excited, and didn't bleed again for nearly a year! With my 3rd, I bled for about 3 weeks, and it tapered off, then didn't bleed again for nearly a year!

With my 4th, I bled really heavy for 2 weeks. Then, it was like a period for 10 full months!!!! Then, I bled 2 weeks on, 2 weeks off for the next 2 months before I finally started getting normal periods. I was devistated because I EBF!! During my 4 week pp visit, I asked if it was normal, and she said it should calm down any time, but it never did, and I saw her again at 8 weeks wondering why it was so heavy still, and I returned back to work at 10 weeks, still bleeding. After 3 months, I was very emotional and had to take a leave of absence from work because I couldn't handle it and my midwife dignosed me with ppd, but I knew I didn't suffer from ppd, as I showed physical signs that something was terribly wrong. You know what? They wanted me to have an ablasion. That meant no more children, and I told them no. I'm glad I did because when the year came and my periods were finally normal, I felt much better, went back to school so I could better myself, and now, 3 years later, I'm pregnant again I'd never have this blessing if I listened to the dr. (sorry, I got off track a bit)

I'm very very nervous about baby number 5 now. I have learned to really take it easy because after I had baby #4, we moved that very week, and I broke my tailbone in delivery. I didn't rest like I should have and I really think that resting has a LOT to do with how long you will actually bleed. So, after I have baby #5, I don't want to do much for the first few weeks because I want to heal if possible asap.