yellowitchgrl
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: I am a horrible mom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mara'sMommy View Post
I have been thinking and looking into food issues as well. She has NEVER slept good. Ever. As a baby right on up to now. She goes to sleep great with minimal fighting if at all. Usually no fighting. We have a solid bedtime routine. Its the frequent wakings. But, then she throws that monkey wrentch and sleeps through the night (she did last night) for a few nights so I think she's getting better... then we have a bad baaad week.
As far as DH helping, as long as he is home he helps. What I meant was that he's NEVER home. But when he is he takes over bedtime, plays with her, takes her out etc etc. He's awesome.
We are in a homeschooling group so we meet with other kids and do small structured activities twice a week.
I'm really trying here.
I guess I just can't tell if this is "normal" behavior of a spirited child, or if I should be concerned.
If I go the food route, should I just do an elimination diet? How long should I expect before I will see a difference? So I know if this is something I should continue. With a picky toddler this will be challengening.. she doesnt eat much.
She sounds a lot like my Luke. A spirited child typically won't make you want to constantly pull your hair our. Luke will always be spirited but the difference is that now I'm able to cope with him so I'm totally good with that.

If you do a strict, massive elimination diet you will see a difference fast (48-72 hours) but not the full results for about a month. However when you add foods back in you will see her behavior go bad in hours.

I totally expect that she sleeps well some nights. She either built up such exhaustion that she had to sleep, or she didn't eat her major trigger food(s) that day.
Sarah. Christian. Married to Jonathan. Proud Mama of 6 boys! Andrew(9), Luke(6) and James (2/13). My babies born into heaven : Zach, Toby and Simon WAHM behind Sarah's Stitches HyenaCart and Etsy, 10% off with the code: DSE10 Facebook Wetbags, Snack Sacks, Fleece Soakers, Dresses, Naked Time Mats, Dresses, Wipes, Affordable Weighted Blankets and more!
yellowitchgrl is offline   Reply With Quote