View Single Post
Old 04-21-2013, 11:10 AM   #5
Stefibeth
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: What would you recommend for a 3yo flooding his diapers?

Quote:
Originally Posted by blondeviolin View Post
This was my oldest. I don't know that I would push it. I'd keep diapers for out, but underpants for home. If/when he goes, I'd have him take care of it: "Oh! Potty goes in the toilet! Here's a towel and cleaner. Go clean your mess and ten go change yourself." If he's not dressing himself, I'd start placing him on the potty first thing in the AM and work on going then and only then and then focus the rest of my attention on changing himself. Then, "accidents" can be his thing to clean/do. I would like to say that my oldest got sick of cleaning it and used the potty 100% after a time. That wasn't the case. But, after a point, it became about her cleaning up after herself and it being her responsibility and not mine.

She's nearly 7 now and hasn't had issues in years. But she was over 4 before she got her act together about it.

As for diapers, I'd probably move to fitteds or fastening flats/prefolds around him so there is more surface area for the wetness to move to.
Thanks for the advice!

Ugh... over 4. I feel like we're SO close. If he would just go pee in the potty we'd be done with this! So frustrating.

Oh well, it is what it is. This is certainly something he has to figure out on his own!

I didn't really think about doing underwear at home and diapers while out. That's always a big no-no it seems BUT we're in somewhat of a unique situation so maybe it would work to do a hybrid. It's not like he just pees whenever while he has a diaper on and he does know the difference. He still only pees 2-3 times a day whether he's wearing underwear or diapers. He tends not to wait until nap/bed time if he has a diaper on, but it's no more frequent if that makes sense.