View Single Post
Old 04-21-2013, 10:34 AM   #7
blondeviolin
Registered Users
seller
seller

Re: What would you recommend for a 3yo flooding his diapers?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefibeth View Post
Thanks for the advice!

Ugh... over 4. I feel like we're SO close. If he would just go pee in the potty we'd be done with this! So frustrating.

Oh well, it is what it is. This is certainly something he has to figure out on his own!

I didn't really think about doing underwear at home and diapers while out. That's always a big no-no it seems BUT we're in somewhat of a unique situation so maybe it would work to do a hybrid. It's not like he just pees whenever while he has a diaper on and he does know the difference. He still only pees 2-3 times a day whether he's wearing underwear or diapers. He tends not to wait until nap/bed time if he has a diaper on, but it's no more frequent if that makes sense.
You always hear that you should be underwear all or nothing, but I've found that at this age, he probably know the difference between diapers and underwear. It's never confused my kids.

And it may be that once he decides he can go in the potty, he will be trained in the blink of an eye. Have you tried a little potty vs a big potty? No difference?