View Single Post
Old 04-30-2013, 02:25 PM   #16
CaptainUnderpants'Mom
Registered Users
seller

Re: How do you prune your tomatoes?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3lilbubs View Post
I've only had one cup of coffee so far but a 50ft roll should make 10 cages if you cut them at 5 ft lengths. Shouldn't it? LOL It was less than that here at our local home depot unless you're looking at the one that's painted/coated. I'm with you, I don't want to spend a bunch of time tying them this summer and worrying about them falling over. That's why I wanted to do the cages.
Yeah haha! It's 50' which would make 10, at $5 each. That's the math I had figured earlier when I looked at prices, but when I posted here I got mixed up somehow

Anyway, I think we have decided to do the stake and weave (Florida Weave/San Diego Weave) method as it will take up less space than cages I think, and I believe it might work better with having the plants a little closer so they can shade one another a bit. Our summers here are brutal.
Did you know that circumcision has no proven health benefits, kills at least 117 babies per year in the US, and removes the most sensitive part of the male genitals? We run a local NOCIRC center and are available to answer questions. PM me or learn more here: Summary Myths Studies
CaptainUnderpants'Mom is offline   Reply With Quote