View Single Post
Old 05-15-2013, 08:50 AM   #1
ssand23
Registered Users
seller
seller

Britax Parkway SG or SGL? Or other lightweight booster?

We need a lightweight 2nd seat. Both my son and I have health issues (so we often get rides to drs appts) and I can't physically move our main seat, a Britax Boulevard since it's too heavy at 19.5 lbs. There are some appts where I need to remove the car seat from the car and bring it in with us. I was looking at these 2 since they fit the bill as they are under 10 lbs (an generally known to be safe seats). Aside from the latch at the bottom on the SGL, is there some other features I'm missing?

My son is 3 1/2, 45 lbs and 43 inches tall. We tried out the Graco Turbo boosters in the store but the bottom of the seats have zero padding and my son was crying that the seat hurt his butt. He has a severe sensory processing disorder (among a list of other things) and at times, we will be spending 5+ hours in the car in a day traveling to the hospital with him so a comfortable seat is important. Really the Frontier would be awesome but it's as heavy as the Boulevard. I did check out the Parkway in the store and the seat seems reasonably comfortable but I am going to go back and try it again just to make sure before buying. We live very close to a Buy Buy Baby store and a Babies R Us, as well as Target and Walmart though given the prices online, I'll probably order the seat to save $$.

I am open to other seat ideas. They just need to be light and comfy (and of course, safe). We travel in a variety of cars (our insurance sends a car service for long distance trips) so it would need to be a seat that generally fits in most vehicles. The max price I can manage is really $130.
ssand23 is offline   Reply With Quote