View Single Post
Old 05-22-2013, 10:40 PM   #17
mommabritt
Registered Users
seller

Location: Currently MO; but wherever the Marines send us. SoCal at heart.
My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by ktmelody

If your child qualifies for Pddnos he almost for sure will qualify under the new criteria. Lots of studies were done and found that only about 10% of cases will be dismissed. But they also found that those 10% fit better under a different category and would still receive services. Will try to find the link (I think it was a Harvard study)

My dd was diagnosed Aspergers by one doc and Pddnos by another. She definitely fits the new criteria for autism and would be high functioning.

What I guess I am saying is that the new criteria is all encompassing and the main points from both Aspergers and Pddnos are melded into the new criteria.
It is likely he will keep his diagnosis, after meeting with our new psychologist. He said he very much fits an Aspergers label but well, no point in changing that He thinks we will have no problem carrying his diagnosis as ASD, high functioning but IF there is something that is missing he will look at social (pragmatic) communication disorder. The only issue here is that ASD must be ruled out in order to carry that diagnosis. Oy.

***IDSO Salt Water Sandals- White, Toddler 7***
mommabritt is offline   Reply With Quote